Planning to travel abroad but don’t want to pay the heavy international costs with your cell phone provider? Want your number to be available for you upon your return? Easy.
There’s no reason to keep your expensive cell phone service while abroad.
By parking your number with NumberBarn, you are giving it a place to rest while you’re out traveling. You’ll still be able to receive SMS messages, too.
Here’s the breakdown of everything you’ll need to do before you leave on your trip:
- Initiate your phone number transfer to NumberBarn prior to leaving. We can only port the number if it is active so do not cancel it before you port it to us.
- Number porting can take anywhere from 3-10 business days to complete, so keep that in mind when transferring over.
- If any issues arise during the porting process, we’ll send you an email.
- When your number received an approval date, we’ll email you. This is the expected date of arrival for your number to your account. Don’t cancel it with your provider until that date!
- As soon as your number completes transfers over to NumberBarn, we will send a notification to the email address on file in your account.
Great! Now, you can contact your cell phone provider and cancel your service. Your number is safe with us in the barn while you’re out enjoying the world.
Now, a question for you – do you have any room in your suitcase for me?